Lyric hearing aids are not like traditional hearing aids because you would need to get a subscription to avail them.
What exactly is a “subscription hearing aid,” and how does it work?
A subscription hearing aid, as the name implies, is one in which a user must pay for use of the device and any included services by providing payments on a regular schedule. In this article we will examine hearing aids that are sold on a subscription plan.
Lyric Hearing Aids
Lyric hearing aids are a type of subscription hearing aid. They are small and discreet devices that fit deep in your ear canal. You can wear them 24/7 for months at a time.
Lyric is worn deep in the ear canal, making it completely undetectable. It does not need to be replaced or charged. Because of its unique placement, customers may benefit from enhanced hearing without anyone else knowing.
Features and Benefits of Lyric hearing aids
- 100% Invisible: Lyric hearing aids are hidden. They’re positioned within the ear canal, which means they’re completely out of sight.
- Natural and clear sound: Lyric utilizes the structure of the human ear to localize sound, offering a more natural and immersive listening experience.
- 24/7 hearing: Lyric hearing aids may be used at any time of day or night, and they can withstand a variety of activities, including showering, going to the gym, and sleeping.
- Highly-inclusive size range: To fit various unique sizes, Lyric is available in 7 sizes, from XXS to XXL.
- Analog: Enjoy a more realistic listening experience with Lyric hearing aids’ analog sound processing.
- Extended tinnitus relief: Lyric hearing aids are designed to help minimize tinnitus, clinically proven to boost sleep quality in tinnitus patients.
Whisper Hearing Aids
Whisper hearing aids are another brand of subscription hearing aids. They are small and discreet devices that are positioned deep in the ear canal. Similar to Lyric hearing aids, Whisper earpieces can be worn for up to 4 months at a time without needing to be removed while sleeping, showering, etc. Whisper hearing aids are fully customizable and offer natural and clear sound.
Features of Whisper hearing aids
- Digital Platform: The cutting-edge digital platform that Whisper uses is constantly being updated. Real-time updates, access to newly-built features, and enhanced sound processing are just a few of the innovative upgrades available through this cutting-edge technology.
- Whisper Brain: The Whisper Brain is a computer-controlled device that uses artificial intelligence to create best-in-class sound regardless of any listening situation.
- Sound Separation Engine: Whisper hearing aids are equipped with a Sound Separation Engine engineered to process sounds in real-time in order to adjust automatically in any listening situation.
What’s the Difference between Subscription Hearing Aids and Traditional Hearing Aids?
Subscription hearing aids require a consumer to pay for a set number of months in order to use the device and its features. Traditional hearing aids do not need subscriptions, renewals, or other related arrangements.
Subscription hearing aids generally come with a package that includes services, repairs, and replacements for the duration of the covered subscription period. Traditional hearing aids may be bought “unbundled” or packaged separately.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are a significant investment, and there are several things to consider before purchasing them including:
- The severity of hearing loss
- Features needed
- Services and support
The most popular subscription hearing aid alternatives on the market are Lyric and Whisper hearing aids. Lyric hearing aids are intended to be worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for many months while Whisper hearing aids are designed to be worn for up to four months at a time.
Consult with a hearing healthcare professional if you are considering subscription hearing aids to know more about their features and benefits.
Hearing Aids in Cary, NC
If you are looking for Lyric or Whisper hearing aids in Cary, NC, contact the experts at Cary Audiology.
We will work with you to find the best hearing aid solution for your unique needs and budget.
Schedule an appointment today!